Logo
Právě je 28. bře 2024 23:02

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]

Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 37 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2  Další
Autor Zpráva
 Předmět příspěvku: Hi Ho!
PříspěvekNapsal: 14. led 2009 22:57 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Hi Ho!!! I'm at home! an english section!!!
Any other expats?? anyone want to practice their english?

DS w/DS '06MCS-17%/Alta CAI/Detroit Bypass Valve/Air Dvrtr/Schroth Racing Hrnss/CF Uber Scoop/19mm Sway Bar/Camber Plates/Team Dynamics ProRace 1 17" Anthracite Rims/Jerz Plates&Gray-Scale Czech roof flag

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 19. led 2009 20:45 
pokročilý minifóra
pokročilý minifóra

Hi budy, how are you? Every time I want to train my english. No body is perfect even native born

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 19. led 2009 21:38 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

ha ha! Actually I think that Native speakers are worse at the language than none natives.....My grammar is bad and I use slang from my area....Funny thing is that at work, people refer to me for english related questions......but meh...it works....
Yeah don't be affraid to practice your english...I'm from NYC and I'd say that more than half don't even speak english but instead some international form of it...
So how long have you been studying?? Been to the US?

(and if anyone wants to call me out on me saying I'm from NYC....alright I live 6 minutes outside of Manhatten in New Jersey...but I spend more time in NYC than NJ lately)

DS w/DS '06MCS-17%/Alta CAI/Detroit Bypass Valve/Air Dvrtr/Schroth Racing Hrnss/CF Uber Scoop/19mm Sway Bar/Camber Plates/Team Dynamics ProRace 1 17" Anthracite Rims/Jerz Plates&Gray-Scale Czech roof flag

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 20. led 2009 00:31 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Hello Venno.I read,that You live in New Jersey.I don´t know how much big New Jersey is,but I have a small part of my family here.I saw them 10 years ago and I´m not sure,that I´ll see them anymore.So if you know or meets some man or women called Václavík,could You be so good and give them greetings from Macháňovi and Kroupovi in Czech republic?

And with natives and their english.In my opinion I think that´s not so bad.I did a truckdriver job and mostly I went to western countries and somethimes it was so dificult to make understood with them,that man must use hands and legs to be understood. :roll: French people are good in english on the next side Italians are lazy and don´t want to learn nothing that´s more than You´ll pay them for.So holidays in Italy doesn´t come in consideration. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_31 :lol:

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 20. led 2009 08:07 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

JK MINI,
New Jersey is a fairly big state...it has 8.6 million people living in it...There is a strong Czech Community though that sticks together, Unfortunately I don't recognize the name. Right now I'm living/working in Dobris (just outside of Prague)
I agree with your summary, I found the French to be very helpful and Kind people and many of them do know English (although seemingly not as much as in Germany) but so far my experience with Italy has been that there is a greater language barrier....Funny thing is that I'm going there Saturday for a Business trip, but they do have great food cheeses and ham, So I'm very excited about the food

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 20. led 2009 13:40 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Hm..cheese and ham,hm... Yep,I´m interested more now,but not still enough to go to Italy.Wish You good taste and nice people. :wink:

8,6 milion people,so it´s hopeless.Only in luck if You´ll go there somethimes and meet them.Thanks

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 21. led 2009 08:21 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

True, although we may have a lot of people, we're very tightly packed...we have that 8.6 million in 22,608 km² while (czech republic is 10.4 million on 78,866 km2) so you run into a lot of people

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 21. led 2009 09:21 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

It sounds crowded.It´s not for me.I like our calm enviroment.
And You´re born in US,or here?Because You wrote about Jersey as We.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 21. led 2009 21:10 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Born and Bred in New Jersey....Then I went to college in Syracuse, NY (2 hours east of Niagara) where I started a MINI club and I organized runs and such....Then I moved back to Jersey, and last January I moved here for some international experience....My dad's Czech, Mom's Slovak (hence my name Vaclav), So I speak well but my writting is...well search my posts.... If anyone's interested in meeting up for Beers in Prague to practice English or for me to practice Czech, Let me know, I'm all for it!

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 21. led 2009 23:09 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

:lol: Yes,I read some of your posts,and it was know that You don´t have czech language well known,but i think,that my english is like the vietnamese saler´s czech,so I don´t have to smile.
When member of our family was here and he was born here,there was know,that he lived in US for long time and he spoke a little bit weird :lol:
Some guestion for You.NEW MINI on picture is yours?or only some picture from internet,because it looks guite interesting.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 21. led 2009 23:18 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Thanks! actually that MINI is the MINI I have in the US It has a bunch of mods to it...and has about 200 hp...My Mods are noted in my signiture
Got pics of yours?

Přílohy:
Poznámka: just oustide of where I worked, a liquid Nitrogen truck was dumping some vapor..cool photo op i thought
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2327.jpg [ 37.35 KiB | Zobrazeno 17146 krát ]

Naposledy upravil Venno dne 21. led 2009 23:38, celkově upraveno 3
Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 21. led 2009 23:22 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

here's another picture of Kittty....
(yes 3 't's in Kittty)

Přílohy:
Poznámka: In one of the turns at Watkins Glen
IMG_1217.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG [ 58.68 KiB | Zobrazeno 17140 krát ]
Poznámka: Pausing in between laps at Watkins Glen Speedway
IMG_2778.jpg
IMG_2778.jpg [ 83.64 KiB | Zobrazeno 17143 krát ]

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 22. led 2009 07:11 
pokročilý minifóra
pokročilý minifóra

Oh I see nice car! So I mean that everywhere all nativ speaker have problems to speak and write right grammatical (this word is very hard I have to find it in dictionary)
I can speak english good because I use it at work too but I am only good in it. Still need to practice and to upgrade wordage.
So this MINI of Venno is nice piece and with good mods. It is MINI from other side than mine is. I have NEW COOPER in classic 15" wheel in OLD MINI style brithis green racing color and no mods only K&N filter in stock slot. Here you can find picture of it.
I have question for Venno. How it is to drive and sit at steering wheel in car with 200 hp with wegh around 1200 kg?
My MINI has 113 hp and it is funny and pleasure to drive it. I use also V70 with 160 hp but it has almost 1800 kg and it is quite fast and furious :twisted:
I think that have a car like you have and drive it on czech roads it is sometimes not funny because what you can find on our roads specialy after winter is very very strange. (every body understand = big holes)
So I must go to work see you later :D

Přílohy:
Super.jpg
Super.jpg [ 178.85 KiB | Zobrazeno 17133 krát ]
Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 22. led 2009 07:54 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Makkro píše:
...I have question for Venno. How it is to drive and sit at steering wheel in car with 200 hp with wegh around 1200 kg?...

FUN like you wouldn't believe!!!! but what makes it vetter is the way my suspension is setup....
Nice MINI Btw! Where in Eastern Czech are you from?
Yeah on Czech Roads I've found some 'MINI sized Pot-holes' with my Classic MINI('93 1.3 Mpi) - meaning the pot hole could swallow whole!
It seemed weird to me that Most of the Paving that I saw being done around here was after October...how can they get good adhesion of the new asphalt to the old asphalt with such a temperature difference between the two?

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 22. led 2009 16:03 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Yes i´ve got pictures of mine here in profile.I saw both of yours,very,very nice.Ofcourse that older is better :twisted: My is under reconstruction and there´ll be some new things on it.I´ll show imediately when I´ll done it. :wink:

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 22. led 2009 17:11 
pokročilý minifóra
pokročilý minifóra

I think D1 is nothing compare to Cross Bronx or Manhattan. There is 50 mil/h "pothole speed limit" for mini. And driving 200hp in NJ? Nice, cruise control adjusted to 60mil/h otherwise it is very expensive.

Mini's On The Top 2007

Přílohy:
2007-MOT_0001-2.JPG
2007-MOT_0001-2.JPG [ 48.6 KiB | Zobrazeno 17116 krát ]
Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 22. led 2009 22:35 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

JK: Great Looking forward to checking them out! Yeah I have a fondness for my Classic which can't compare to my US MINI...she's just so...so..sweet.
So when you think you'll be done with your MINI?? (MINI United would be a good goal to shoot for)

CZ: Thanks for posting the pic!..I haven't been on D1 yet, and I think I'll avoid it ....Worst Potholed road I've ever seen in my life for consistently large size is Crosby Street in Manhattan... and for most frequent is some no name street here in Dobris...
200 hp in my parts of Jersey is GREAT for accelerating 10m to the stopped car infront of you.... unfortunately it gives you a bad case of blue balls* ....outside of there..Speeding I can usually keep under control until I get a chance to Auto-cross (is there anything like that here in CZ?)

*to those that don't recognize the slang term "Blue balls" I recomend checking out what it means on urbandictionary.com and expand your slang vocabulary....

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 24. led 2009 01:59 
pokročilý minifóra
pokročilý minifóra

Venno: I am 20 km to the east from Hradec Králové. On Czech roads you can fid holes poted for H1 not only for MINI :D
On D1 it is very nic and specialy made tankdrome (autodrome for tank)
But I have to say that D11 is almost similar. D5 is better only few places are bad. D8 and is good also but D2 to Bratislava is very funny. If you have a hard suspension you can not use your radio. :P
JK MINI: I hope you can prepare your classic MINI to perfect condition. But the only one way to protect car agains rust is to buy all tin-pans new and take them to zink coating.

I hope we can meet somewhere sometimes. Till now I have got no luck to find time for any meeting.

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 29. led 2009 12:09 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Thanks for hoping :wink: I´ll buy new parts,that´s clear,but do zinc coating isn´t necessary and it´ll be guite expensive.I´ve got some idea.Inside fendes like on new cars made wheel plastic covers and no mudd and another mess can´t help tin parts to rust.It´s not 100%,but I think,that it´ll longer the time to another rusting :idea: 8)

Odpovědět s citací  
 Předmět příspěvku:
PříspěvekNapsal: 31. led 2009 19:24 
nováček minifóra
nováček minifóra

Yeah, my way of getting around the rust is to not drive her in the winter...or take her out when it rains....or if there's a fly that could pee on her, I guard her with my life.. Nonetheless I still gotta fix some pannels that are rusted through...

Odpovědět s citací  
Odeslat nové téma Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 37 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2  Další

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]